What Raj Talks About:
A Global Overview of Trends in Private, Corporate and Government Surveillance
Based on 10 years of research, Raj ties together user behaviour, digital tools, existing laws and government actions, Raj presents the creation of the digital surveillance state: How it came to be, what we can do about it, and what types of crimes and civil rights threats loom in our future. De Volksrant described Raj as a digital civil rights campaigner and a IT Security expert who knows how to get his message across.
What to teach your kids, employees and interns about Social media
Kids today are born with a smartphone in one hand, and a facebook account in the other. With earbuds permanently implanted in their skulls, they might as well be visitors from another planet. Some of these aliens may be living in your house – devouring your groceries, others inhabit your office spaces. As the 1st true digital, always-on generation, they broadcast every moment of their lives…and your stories…and corporate secrets. This engaging, and highly influential presentation, teaches audiences aged 12-25, and the adults who hire or manage them, what they need to know about Social Media.
Trends in Financial Crimes
Why does SPAM exist? What types of crimes are we enabling by use and misuse of social media? How are small businesses, churches and schools being robbed of hundreds of thousands of dollars? And what do warehouses in China have to do with multi-billion dollar frauds? Listen as Raj shares with you what is fueling cyber-crime and what steps you can take to protect yourself, your family and businesses from the cyber-criminals.
Complying with HIPAA/HITECH and FTC Health Breach Rules
Healthcare is everyone’s business. Whether you’re a patient, a care giver, doctor, nurse, CEO of a hospital or CSO for a large insurer, you know that HIPAA, HITECH, JCAHO, FTC Health Breach Rule and other laws are here to stay. Benefit from Raj’s 15 years in Healthcare compliance and learn how to comply with HIPAA, HITECH and other laws effectively and profitably. Done correctly, compliance is massively profitable.
Complying with PCI-DSS and State Privacy Law Standards
Credit card fraud drives the global crime economy. And credit fraud costs retailers billions of dollars each year. Complying with PCI-DSS is not only contractually required, it’s also a great idea! Raj has helped retailers save millions of dollars in compliance costs, increase efficiencies and profitability. Proper PCI Compliance is the secret to massive retail profits.
Lessons Learned From Sandy
Hurricane Sandy provided a real-time, real life example of what can happen before, during and after disaster – especially if you are unprepared. In particular, it showed the flaws and strengths of computer network based controls for a variety of systems ranging from gas pumps at a convenience store to the controls operating the largest utility. This is real. This is not some pie-in-the sky make believe kind of stuff. If organizations and civil society do not implement and test DR and BCP protocols, damage from a disaster is going to get multiplied In this presentation, I discuss ways to make systems and organizations more resilient.
What Every MSP and IT Provider Needs To Know About Compliance
It’s no secret that every IT company and consultant is looking for an edge. New services and offerings to increase their revenues and stickiness with clients. If your MSP or IT consultancy deals with healthcare, financial or legal clients, then adding Compliance Oriented Services could be your ticket to rapid, profitable growth. Here are the laws, standards and pitfalls you need to know to get started on delivering compliance to your clients.
Recent Presentations and Appearances:
- February 24th, 2017 – Raj is interviewed by CNBC’s On The Money host, Becky Quick – http://www.rajgoel.com/media/raj-interview-cybersecurity-cnbc/
- February 10, 2017 –Elder Law Cybersecurity Presentation
- January 23, 2016 – Raj joined a panel at the 4th Annual Cybersecurity For Financial Services. Visit www.rajgoel.com/ia-watch-cybersecurity/ for details.
- January 6, 2017 –SOPCulture Fridays: Connectwise Projects Mastery. Click here for details. (http://www.rajgoel.com/sopculture-fridays-connectwise-projects-mastery/ is the hyperlink)
- December 8, 2016 – CPA CE Seminar sponsored by The Lexington Group. Raj to speak on cybersecurity.
- October 20th & 21st, 2016 – Stop by and see Raj at SMB TechFest in Anaheim, CA. http://www.smbtechfest.com/index.asp
- October 7, 2016 – SOPCulture Fridays: The Top 10 Ways SOPCulture makes MSPs More Profitable. For details, click here: www.rajgoel.com/10-ways/
- September 14, 2016 – Raj will be presenting “Lessons Learned from the FTC” during the Annual (ISC)2 Security Congress colocated with ASIS International 62nd Annual Seminar and Exhibits (ASIS 2016). Visit http://www.rajgoel.com/isc2-security-congress/ for more information.
- September 9, 2016 – SOPCulture Fridays: Creating SOPs – A Practical Exercise. Details here: www.rajgoel.com/creating-sops
- August 15, 2016 – The Bob Formica Golf Outing at Cold Springs Country Club. Click here for details. (hyperlink can be https://www.brainlink.com/bob-formica-golf-outing-cold-spring/)
- July 29, 2016 – Raj discusses ransomware and how to protect yourself on CNBC’s On The Money. Visit here to watch this interview. (the hyperlink http://www.rajgoel.com/media/hacking-for-ransom/)
- July 22, 2016 – SOP Culture Fridays: Solve Complex Problems Using PRTG. Visit www.rajgoel.com/Use-PRTG for details.
- June 8 – 9, 2016 http://www.rajgoel.com/19th-nys-cybersec/ for details.
- May 13, 2016 http://www.rajgoel.com/first-fridays-with-raj-9/ for details.
- May 9, 2016 http://www.rajgoel.com/nystla-seminar/
- April 20, 2016 – http://www.rajgoel.com/boma-ny-seminar/
- April 15, 2016 – Raj interviewed on CNBC’s PowerLunch re: Microsoft Vs. US Government? Details here: http://www.rajgoel.com/microsoft-vs-us-government/
- April 13, 2016 – Channelnomics Channel Conference: MSP 2020 – Raj was invited to join a panel to discuss “Where Is the Market Going and How to Set Your Business Up for Success.” Details here: http://www.rajgoel.com/channelnomics-channel-conference/
- April 8, 2016 – Radio Appearance – How Private are Your Online Communications? Visit http://www.rajgoel.com/how-private-are-your-online-communications/ for details.
- April 1, 2016 – Webinar – SOPCulture – How To Hire Great Technicians. Visit http://www.rajgoel.com/first-fridays-with-raj-8/ for details.
- March 31, 2016 – Backup and Running: Strengthening Your Data Security Strategy, Raj will join Code42 and (ISC)2 for a discussion on how to leverage endpoint backup as a core component of your data security strategy and achieve additional security benefits. http://www.rajgoel.com/backup-and-running/
- March 24, 2016 – Webinar – “60 Minutes That Will Blow Your Competitors Out Of The Water” – visit http://www.rajgoel.com/ulistic-webinar/ for more information.
- March 16, 2016 – Raj discusses SOP Culture during Intronis Webinar. Visit http://www.rajgoel.com/intronis-webinar/ for details.
- March 4, 2016 – Webinar – First Fridays with Raj! SOP Culture – Standardizing Staff Training Using Runbooks. Visit http://www.rajgoel.com/first-fridays-with-raj-7/ for details.
- February 24, 2016 –The Evolution of GRC Cloud within the IT Ecosystem. Visit here for details on this webinar: http://www.rajgoel.com/metricstream-webinar/
- February 16, 2016 – Join Tracie Orisko and Raj as they discuss how to create an SOP CULTURE on MS Pros Tuesday Talking Points. Visit here for details on this webinar: http://www.rajgoel.com/ms-pros-interview/
- February 12, 2016 – Webinar – First Fridays with Raj! SOP Culture – Generating Scheduled Security Compliance Reports. Visit http://www.rajgoel.com/first-fridays-with-raj-6/ for details.
- January 14, 2016 – Raj is scheduled to speak on an (ISC)2 panel — Continuing the Conversation – Contracts and Indemnification. Visit http://www.rajgoel.com/continuing-the-conversation-contracts-and-indemnification/ for details.
- January 13, 2016 – Protecting Yourself From Credit Card Fraud – Brooklyn EO Chapter presentation, The Long Island Bar, 110 Atlantic Avenue, The Lombardi Room
- January 8, 2016 – Webinar– First Fridays with Raj! SOP Culture – Creating EFFECTIVE Documentation. Visit http://www.rajgoel.com/first-fridays-with-raj-5/ for details.
- December 4, 2015 – Webinar – First Fridays with Raj! SOP CULTURE – ConnectWise Project Board – Secret to KILLER Proposals and MASSIVE Profitability. Visit http://www.rajgoel.com/first-fridays-with-raj-4/ for details.
- December 3, 2015 – Brainlink wins the SmartCEO Award for SOP Culture. http://www.rajgoel.com/smartceo/
- November 24, 2015 – Webinar – “From the Trenches – End-Uses: The Wildcard in Placing Your Data in the Cloud”. For more information, visit: www.rajgoel.com/webinar-In-The-Cloud/
- November 13, 2015 – Raj presented at ITNation in Orlando, FL. ConnectWise Project Board – Secret to KILLER Proposals and MASSIVE Profitability. Visit http://www.rajgoel.com/raj-at-itnation/ for details.
- November 6, 2015 – Webinar – First Fridays with Raj! SOP CULTURE – Creating OBVIOUS SOPs. Visit http://www.rajgoel.com/first-fridays-with-raj-3/ for details.
- October 22, 2015 – National American Payroll Association Seminar – Payroll Heists, Cybercriminals, and You: Best Practices in Protecting Your Organization, visit www.rajgoel.com/napa-Li/ for details.
- October 16, 2015 – Book Signing for Raj’s latest book, “Unplugged: Luddites’ Guide to Cybersecurity” to be held at The Friars Club. http://www.rajgoel.com/rajs-book-warming/
- October 9, 2015 –Webinar – How 400 SOPs Can Change Your Life. For details, please visit www.rajgoel.com/first-fridays-with-raj-2/
- September 29, 2015 – Is This Thing On? Raj is part of the ASIS/ISC2 Panel http://www.rajgoel.com/media/channelnomics-article/
- September 30, 2015 –“Putting an End to Patch Stupidity” Raj led a session at ASIS/ISC2 Seminar in Anaheim, CA.
- September 30, 2015 –Panopticon 2015: Continued Erosion of Privacy Rights (and Occasional Victories) at the 61st Annual ASIS International Seminar in Anaheim, CA http://www.rajgoel.com/asis61/
- September 28, 2015 —Raj joined the Cybersecurity Partner Panel at NAVIGATE 2015.
- September 16, 2015 – Trends in Financial Crimes
- September 4, 2015 – Accelerate Staff Training by Using SOPs webinar
- July 21, 2015 – Tech analyst on Ashley Madison hack: ‘Internet security is an oxymoron – it does not exist’
- July 9, 2015 – Always On, Always Moving – Securing the Mobile Workforce
- May 11, 2015 – Are Millennials the Latest Security Threat? | IndustryView 2015
- June 23, 2015 – Protecting Information As We Move Toward The Mobile Office: HIPAA, Confidentiality and Consent
- June 2-3, 2015 – MOUSEVEILLANCE: IS YOUR PRIVACY BEING MICKEY MOUSED?
- May 13, 2015 – What You Need to Know About the Advanced Malware Apocalypse
- April 22, 2015 – Coffee Break with Sabra: Only Dumb People Live in Smarthouses: Warnings for the Techno Fetishists
- April 15, 2015 – 1st anniversary of SEC OCIE Cybersecurity Guidance
- March 19, 2015 – Raj was part of a GLOBAL panel on SIEMs — Using SIEM to Improve Threat Discovery & Response: From Theory to Practice. https://www.brighttalk.com/webcast/5385/145279
- February 14, 2015 – Don’t miss Raj’s article on The Dangers of Online Dating Sites in the February edition of InfoSecurity Magazine.
- February 12, 2015 – 5:30-7:00PM, WANY General Membership Meeting: Raj Goel is the featured speaker at the WANY Membership Meeting, located at Select Office Suites, 116 West 23rd Street, 5th Floor.
- February 4, 2015 – Coffee Break with Sabra: Mouseveillance: How Disney Spies on You
- December 4, 2014 – Coffee Break With Sabra, Don’t miss this interview
- October 23, 2014 – Orlando – ISSA International Conference – “Panopticon: Architecture Of Global Surveillance”
- September 29, 2014 – October 2 – Atlanta – ASIS60/ISC2 Security Congress Congress – “Architecture of Global Surveillance” https://congress.isc2.org/session/session-4241-global-surveillance-infrastructure
- September 18, 2014 – NYC, NYIT CyberSecurity Conference, Moderator, http://www.nyit.edu/conferences/cyber_security_conference/